Early Registration for this event is now closed. Don’t worry, you can register at the event beginning at 5:00 pm. Hope to see you there!
Click the Register Now button above for online registration, or click the Trick or Treat Trot Registration Form link to download a registration form if you would like to mail in your registration. Please mail to: Defining Moment Events LLC, P.O. Box 3478, Brookhaven, MS 39603 and make checks payable to Defining Moment Events LLC.
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Location: Downtown Brookhaven, MS behind the Brookhaven Chamber of Commerce (230 S Whitworth Ave, Brookhaven, MS 39601)
Schedule of Events
Registration & Packet Pick/Up: 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
5k Run/Walk Start: 6:00 pm
1 Mile Kids Run Start: 7:00 pm
Awards & Halloween Themed Finish Line After Party: 7:30 pm
- Early Registration is $25.00
- Race Day Registration is $35.00
- Includes T-shirt, Finisher Medal, Bib, SWAG Bag, and Finish Line After Party!
- T-SHIRT NOT GUARANTEED FOR RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
1 Mile Kids Run:
- Early Registration is only $5.00!
- Race Day Registration is $10.00
- Includes Finisher Medal, Bib, SWAG BAG, and Finish Line After Party!
- For Kids 12 & under. Parents are welcome to run with their kids at no charge, but awards will only be given to registered participants ages 12 & under.
The 5k and 1 Mile Kids Run will take you through Historic Downtown Brookhaven, MS. Be prepared to experience a few Halloween frights along the way!
1 Mile Kids Run
All participants who finish the race will receive a finisher medal. Awards will also be given to overall winners (Male/Female), as well as to age group winners, 3 deep in each age group.
Be sure to dress up and join the fun! Awards will be given for Best Female Costume and Best Male Costume. Defining Moment Events LLC reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other participants. All participants may dress in their favorite Halloween costume, but must follow these guidelines as determined by Defining Moment Events LLC:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another participant.
- Kids ages 12 and under participating in the 1 Mile Kids Run may wear masks, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- Adults & teenagers may not wear masks of any kind.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground.
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
Defining Moment Events LLC reserves the right to deny entry to, and/or remove from, race or any race activity any participant who does not adhere to the guidelines above unless his/her costume can be modified to the above standards. Thank you for your cooperation with this and helping us maintain a safe family friendly event!
Finish Line After Party
Once you reach the finish line the party is only getting started! As a participant in the Trick or Treat Trot you’ll get access to the Halloween themed Finish Line After Party! The party will include inflatable bounce houses for the kids, free food, and plenty of candy to take home!
The mission of Defining Moment Events is to create and produce unforgettable events that exceed the expectations of our sponsors, clients, and participants and that provide safe and encouraging environments that make a positive impact on the communities we serve. One way we can make a positive impact is by giving back. In fact, giving back is one of our core values that drive every event we do. Our commitment is with each event we will give a portion of the proceeds to a charity or organization. In light of the recent devastation from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, we have decided to partner with Samaritan’s Purse to help with relief efforts in Texas and Florida. You may also give a designated gift to Samaritan’s Purse when you register online. Just click the Fundraiser button on the registration page to give. For more information on Samaritan’s Purse you may visit their website at http://www.samaritanspurse.org. Your participation in the Trick or Treat Trot and your giving will help make a difference. Thank you!
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, please let us know! Volunteers will be needed to serve in the following areas:
- Aid Stations
- Setup/Clean up
- Assisting at Finish Line After Party
All volunteers will receive a free T-shirt, but the best part is you’ll get to be a blessing to all of our participants and you’ll be a huge part of making this event a great success!
If you would like to serve as a volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank You To Our Sponsors!