Get ready to get soaked as you run your way through the wettest 5K of the year! The course will include a few splash surprises to help cool you off on this summer run. You’ll have lots of fun and one thing’s for sure…you won’t escape dry!
Race #3 of 5 in the 2018 Ole Brook Run Series
Date: Saturday, July 21, 2018 – 8:00 am
Location: Downtown Brookhaven, MS by Chamber of Commerce (230 S Whitworth Ave, Brookhaven, MS 39601)
Schedule of Events
Registration/Packet Pick-Up: 7:00 am-8:00 am
5K Run/Walk Start: 8:00 am
1 Mile Kids Run: 9:00 am
Awards & Finish Line After Party: 9:30 am
- Early Registration is $25.00 (until June 21)
- Regular Registration is $30.00. Race Day Registration is $40.00.
- Includes T-shirt, Finisher Medal, Bib, SWAG Bag, and Finish Line After Party!
- Deadline to be guaranteed a T-Shirt and desired size is July 1, 2018. After this date T-Shirts will be first-come-first-serve until they’re gone!
- T-SHIRT NOT GUARANTEED FOR RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
1 Mile Kids Run:
- Early Registration is only $5.00! (until June 21)
- Regular Registration is $10.00. Race Day Registration is $15.00.
- Includes Finisher Medal, Bib, SWAG BAG, and Finish Line After Party!
- For Kids 12 & under. Parents are welcome to run with their kids at no charge, but awards will only be given to registered participants ages 12 & under.
- In order to keep Kids Run prices as low as possible for families, the kids race does not include a t-shirt.
All participants who finish the race will receive a finisher medal. Awards will also be given to overall winners (Male/Female), as well as to age group winners, 3 deep in each age group.
Finish Line After Party
The Splash Dash 5K Finish Line After Party details are still being finalized…but don’t worry…you’ll eat good and we’ll make sure to find more ways to get you wet!
The official charity for this race has not been confirmed at this time.
Don’t want to run but still want to be a part? Volunteer! Volunteers will be needed to serve in the following areas:
- Water Stations
- Setup/Clean up
- Assisting at Finish Line After Party
All volunteers will receive a free T-shirt, but the best part is you’ll get to be a blessing to all of our participants and you’ll be a huge part of making this event a great success!
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER!
Are refunds available if I can’t make it?
No. Since all race expenses have to be paid prior to the race, we are unable to offer any refunds.
Can I still get my t-shirt if I am unable to make it?
If someone you know is able to pick it up for you at the event we will allow them to do so. You must let us know ahead of time who will be picking it up for you. We will not mail t-shirts if you are unable to make it.
Do I have to get wet if I don’t want to?
Well…..yes. While some things at the Finish Line After party will be optional, we cannot guarantee that you won’t get wet on the course.
I’ve never run a splash race of any kind, what should I wear?
Most running clothes are made to get wet. Just be sure you dress appropriately, knowing that whatever you wear will most likely be pretty wet. This is a family-friendly event so please keep this in mind. Shirts must be worn. Use your own discretion in wearing your Fitbit, Garmin, or any watch that may not be water proof. Defining Moment Events will not be responsible for any damaged items.
Do I have to stay for the awards presentation to get my award?
Yes. We will not mail awards.
Will results and times be posted?
Yes. Southern Race Timing will be our timer and results will be posted at http://www.runolebrook.com.
Are strollers allowed?
Yes strollers are welcome, but please be mindful of other runners and use caution.
Are pets allowed?
No. Due to safety concerns of other runners, we do not allow pets.
Can I wear headphones during the race?
Yes. Just be cautious and aware of other runners, and be sure you can hear instructions and are able to hear any oncoming traffic.